Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Kosairs Fundraiser for Sadie

Back in the Spring, Matilda Jane ran a sale on the most adorable pillow cases.  It just so happened to be the same time that our sweet friend Sadie was having brain surgery at Kosairs Children's Hospital in Louisville.  In honor of Sadie, I posted a fundraiser opportunity on Facebook, and within two days, over 100 pillow cases were purchased to be donated to children at Kosairs and all of my commission went to Sadie's family.  The result blew me away, and I couldn't be more thankful for supportive and giving customers in my Matilda Jane business.

As a Mom, I'm so thankful that this opportunity allowed the girls to show love in their own special ways too. Charley (along with Mikayla, friends from school and MJ customers) worked hours on making handmade cards for each of the pillow cases.  I purchased an additional 25 pillow cases for boys, so 125 cards had to be made.  All of the cards were adorable and were the perfect added touch to make the deliveries extra special.  Carter got to go with us to deliver them, which we planned for the same day Sadie had a follow up appointment in Louisville.  We weren't allowed to pass them out to the children ourselves, but I did meet a sweet Momma in the restroom and she told me about her son that was 2 years old undergoing his third heart surgery.  I asked if she could follow me to our stuff in the lobby, and I gave her a pillow case and told her I would pray for her child...when she walked off, I cried.

Girls...always have a kind heart, think about how you can impact other people, and give without expecting anything in return...trust me, your cup with overflow with the sweetest blessings.











One of the secrets of life is that all that is really worth the doing is what we do for others.
-Lewis Carroll


No comments:

Post a Comment