Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Amma's and Momma's Birthday

Our birthdays are five days apart, so we pretty much celebrate the last week of September and first week of October each year.  And by celebrate, I mean eat like pigs!  ๐Ÿ˜€ On the night before Amma's birthday, I took her to the Melting Pot and it was so yummy!!!  On her actual birthday, we did some shopping, ate lunch at Chuy's, had Nothing Bundt Cake for the first time, and dinner with the Springers at Burger Republic.  It was a pretty perfect day celebrating the best Amma ever!




For my birthday, I had asked for Granny Martha to cook vegetables.  Mom told me the night before that Granny made enchiladas for Sunday lunch instead.  I was so bummed.  I didn't want enchiladas, I had my heart set on vegetables.  Dad even commented that he didn't know why they fixed such a huge garden if they never wanted to cook anything from it.  Well those little tricksters got me, because I walked into Granny's house after church to my favorite meal on the table...AND my favorite chocolate cake...and everything was incredible!  My actual birthday was Monday, the first day of fall break and Matilda Jane launch day...in other words, chaos...but lunch at Dumplins with Diana, Kari, Mabel, Carole, Amma and the girls was an extra special treat.  I received some of the best cards and gifts this year, but Charley's card was my favorite.  My favorite gift award goes to the husband that gives me a hard time on some things and thinks I am completely over the top, but didn't hesitate to spoil me on my 33rd birthday with a fabulous new purse.๐Ÿ˜







No comments:

Post a Comment