Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Charley Goes to 1st Grade

Charley was so ready to start back to school as a first grader at Rutland Elementary.  The day before school started we took her to find her classroom, drop off her obscene amount of school supplies, and meet her teacher, Miss Amber.  Craig and I were immediately impressed by Miss Amber and so excited for Charley to have such an awesome teacher for first grade.  Not only could I tell she adores the kiddos and her job, but she told us she doesn't give written homework...so she was an immediate rockstar in my book!  haha!  Charley even showed off a little by reading the different levels on the behavior chart.  Reading is Miss Amber's focus, which I love.  The first morning of school was a breeze.  Charley got up, got ready, took pictures and barely let us walk her in to her class.  She seemed a little annoyed that we had to tag along, but she's crazy if she thinks I'm skipping a chance for a good-bye kiss and picture at her desk on the first day!










Funny story about the pencil box...the night before kindergarten, Kari and I stayed up SUPER late to make the perfectly labeled pencil box.  I guess you live and learn, because this year I spent $6 on cute stickers at Joann's and Charley and I slapped on those stickers in less than 10 minutes...and it was adorable!  

No comments:

Post a Comment