Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Annie Auditions

Charley did a month long workshop with Audience of One Productions in Lebanon at the Capitol Theatre to practice acting, singing and dancing skills.  They put on a show for parents on the last night, and we were blown away!  Charley performed "It's a Hard Knock Life" from Annie and "Revolting Children" from Matilda.  She learned so much in such a little amount of time and had the most fun with her friends...and I couldn't have been more proud.








Near the end of the workshop, she decided she wanted to audition for an orphan role in the Audience of One Christmas play, Annie.  On the outside, I was SO happy and excited for her and thrilled for this new adventure.  On the inside, I was in full panic mode.  How could we fit this in our schedule during the busiest time of the year?  How would my sweet girl go into a room of strangers and audition by herself doing something that was practically brand new to her?  Well it's true what they say, because practice paid off.  Charley constantly practiced her tryout the week leading up to her audition, which wasn't easy with Carter chiming in the whole time, and she arrived at her 1:56 audition spot with a headshot and resume ready to shine.  I had to wait outside, but I was able to listen to the whole thing.  She did such a great job during her first tryout that when I went in to get her when it was over, the judges told me that I should be so proud!  But in the back of my mind, all I could think about was the email I had received the day before fully explaining that this play was not Annie Jr., and as much as they love our kids, lots of them would be disappointed...yikes! 

Somewhere along I-40 Charley said, "well, one thing is for sure...they were really impressed with my kick!"  I was a tad puzzled, because a kick wasn't in the routine that I had watched her practice a thousand times.  She went on to explain that during the line "instead of kisses, we get kicked!" she kicked so high, her leg almost touched her face!  haha.  Well, the kick must have done it for her, because right before bed I got an email saying she was in the cast and would perform 4 nights in December!  I could hardly sleep with the anticipation of telling her the great news the next morning!  Now I just hope the theatre is big enough, because Charley has quite the list of friends and family planning to watch her acting debut!  


Headshot by Chesley Summar...having talented friends really comes in handy!

No comments:

Post a Comment