Sunday, June 17, 2012

Miss Priss


It’s so funny how certain names sort of “stick” after a while.  I think we have all thrown around different terms of endearment for Charley, but some fit her perfectly.  For the most part, we have landed on Baby, Princess, Buster, Sister and of course, Miss Priss.  Uncle Gar calls her Chuck, which really got under my skin at first, but I am actually starting to secretly like it.  I try not to dictate what people will call her, because I certainly know we won’t be able to control what she calls people; however, there was one nickname from Craig that I had to pump the brakes on.  When she was little bitty, he started calling her “Hun,” which sounds pretty innocent and sweet.  Unfortunately, I spent five years waiting on a guy at Belew’s that said “Hun” before and after everything else he said, to the point that we nicknamed him “Hun.”  That alone wasn’t enough to seal the deal on not calling her “Hun,” because Dad told me a long time ago that “Hun” was born without a butthole and he knew him as “No-Butthole Baby”…regardless if that is true or not, every single time Craig used the word “Hun,” I giggled inside and thought of “No-Butthole Baby.”  I finally had to fess up and ask him to pick another name!

For the most part, Miss Priss is what we call her and it is so fitting.  She is such a little firecracker full of personality with a mind of her own.  I have joked lately about how I waited for 9 months to see who she would be, and all I should have done was look in the mirror.  She prisses around swinging her arm, wags around purses, wears an arm full of bracelets, tries to put her sunglasses on her head, pretends to put on lipstick, and makes some of the funniest attitude faces that a 15 month old can possibly make.  When I was a little girl, I always remember Grandma Ina calling me Miss Astor.  I recently found out that the Astor family was a wealthy family that was on the Titanic….I guess Grandma Ina was on to something!  

This is Miss Priss at her finest!


No comments:

Post a Comment