Monday, June 25, 2012

Father’s Day Weekend

I typically take pride in the fact that I put lots of thought into getting someone the perfect gift, but Dad (Granddad) is always one of the hardest people on my list!  I was so excited when Mom (Gramma) said she had the perfect gift idea for Dad.  She said all he wanted was a family workday, which is really not my strong suit, but since that is what he wanted, we packed the car and headed to Kentucky to celebrate Father’s Day, Uncle Justin’s birthday and give Dad his “perfect gift” of pressure washing the house!  Other than providing a fun, upbeat atmosphere with great music and dancing…I was pretty much useless in helping.  I did run errands, checked on Charley at Granny Katherine and Papa’s house, occasionally scrubbed the house, handed people things, and took pictures!  We didn’t have a tall enough ladder to reach some parts of the house, so Dad had to use the bucket truck.  Gramma wasn’t a fan, but Charley loved going on a ride with her Gramma and Granddaddy!  Even after 6 hours, Gramma’s wasp sting, my burnt hand, and Craig and Granddad’s exhaustion, I figured it was totally worth it to give Granddad exactly what he wanted for Father’s Day…. until I found out it was Gramma’s idea and not what he asked for!  I guess a happy wife makes a happy husband at the end of the day.  We did have an excellent dinner at Texas Roadhouse and went for a family Jeep ride with the top down.  Charley was so cute with her hair blowin’ in the wind!






On Sunday, we went to church, and Granny Martha fixed an amazing lunch with a roast, corn, carrots, green beans, mashed potatoes, slaw, rolls, and fried squash.  Most things were fresh from the garden, which made them even tastier!  I made a fruit pizza for dessert, which was pretty yummy, too!  Needless to say, I tried to get some good pictures of Miss Priss with Granddaddy Charlie, Granddad, and her Daddy…. but just like everything else, we must be going through a phase. 








Even though I didn’t get perfect pictures, nothing else compares to the fact that Charley is one blessed little girl to have such amazing men in her life.  Her Granddaddy Charlie and Papa love spending time and playing with her, and I honestly can’t say how thankful I am for those relationships.  I cherish the fact that I had great-grandparents growing up, and I thank God daily that Charley has that same blessing.   I have always known that Dad would be good with my kids, because he is such a kid himself and is always getting a new buddy; however, I didn’t know he would be this good of a granddad. He adores Charley and you can read it all over his face and in the way his eyes sparkle when she is in the room or when he is talking about her!  It’s absolutely precious.  As far as Craig goes, I have zero complaints in the Daddy department.  He has far exceeded my expectations, and I love the relationship they have and the special moments they create together.  

No comments:

Post a Comment