Friday, January 19, 2024

Charley's Baptism

On the ride home from her fall youth retreat, Charley had tears in her eyes as she told me she wanted to talk to her Daddy and I about being baptized.  As parents, we couldn't be more proud of her and her decision to follow Christ.  I cannot begin to thank or mention all the people that led her to this point, but I'm beyond thankful for countless examples and influences in her life.  It was a beautiful morning watching Craig baptize our daughter.  He has a firm - I live with 4 girls so there is never a reason for me to be emotional - philosophy, but that went right out the window as he walked into the water with her.  I'm so proud of both of them.  

If the service wasn't special enough, Rick Thorne said the most beautiful opening prayer, Lamar was the song leader, Wilson preached and mentioned my most favorite Bible verse during his sermon (1 Peter 4:10) and took Charley's confession, and Johnny did the announcements.  Craig and I walked down front with her to "When We All Get to Heaven," and considering that we didn't have anything to do with those details, I couldn't have planned it better myself.

We didn't really tell anyone that she was planning to be baptized outside of our immediate family and our life group.  I'm very thankful my parents were already in town and for sweet friends in KY that shared the news with Granny Martha and captured her reaction.  Carter was very emotional all morning and so proud of her big sister.  Camryn said, "When I be big, I'll take a bath at church, too." 














No comments:

Post a Comment