Wednesday, January 11, 2023

CAMP CARTER

The month of October was a doozy for us for so many reasons, but I couldn't let that stop me from at least attempting to make Carter's 8th birthday party extra special.  Carter is so easy to please and rarely asks for anything, so I wanted to make her camp party even better than she imagined.  Besides sending a save the date message to the moms earlier in the month, I didn't have a chance to think about the party until the week of.  If the time crunch wasn't stressful enough, Camryn was sick and spent most of the week at home with me, which called for several late nights of party prep after she went to sleep.  I didn't have a single minute to waste, so I even sewed the logs to the plush fire place during my hair appointment.  The decor that I created was cute, but it just didn't have the extra flair that I was hoping for until I borrowed some camping goodies from a neighbor and Grandad Mike.  I had a very specific list of things I wanted for props, and Grandad Mike made sure to give me a hard time when I called asking for them...he even offered to send a pile of dog poo to make things more realistic!  Only him, ugh!  

The girls did every single thing on the Camp Carter Itinerary.  They played, ate, did crafts, had s'mores for dessert, decorated water bottles with camp themed stickers, painted a campsite canvas, watched a movie, slept in tents around a "fire" and had donuts for breakfast.  I overhead one of the girls say, "I love Camp Carter," and I knew the party was a hit...and it was pretty obvious by the constant smile on Carter's face that she had the best time, too!






















































































No comments:

Post a Comment