Wednesday, September 2, 2020

Oompa Loompa Fan Club at Willy Wonka, Jr.

The girls had lots of fans at Willy Wonka, Jr...probably one of the few perks I can think of from COVID-19 would be empty calendars.  Regardless of the reason, it was so nice for them to look out into the audience and see so many familiar faces.  Due to guidelines provided by the CDC, the theatre was only open at half capacity, face masks were required when out of your seat, no programs were handed out and we couldn't visit with the cast after the show.  Not getting the program or being able to see the girls right after bummed me out, but thankfully Miss Angie decided it would be ok for us to see them outside by the loading dock.

My favorite part about this entire experience was the first time I saw the girls in their costumes.  The orange faces, white brows and giant, green wigs made me laugh hysterically.  Craig leaned over and told me to get it together, and Charley said she could hear me laughing from the stage.  I couldn't help myself that night...or every single time they walked out on stage for the rest of the performances.  

Another highlight was during the bows when Carter blew me a kiss and made a heart with her hands.  Later that night she said, "I did that really fast, Momma, so Charley wouldn't see and get mad at me!" haha!

































No comments:

Post a Comment