Thursday, April 14, 2016

Valentines Weekend


Daddy was gone on the Men's Retreat for church during part of Valentines weekend, so the girls and I went to Kentucky.  Of course Daddy came up as soon as he was finished.  We had such a great weekend!  From the minute we got to Kentucky, Charley was telling Granddad she had a surprise for him and that it was hidden somewhere in the house.  We went to Texas Roadhouse for dinner on Saturday night, and Charley told him she couldn't wait any longer and wanted to give him his present as soon as we got home.  She said, "Granddad, did you get me anything?"  He said, "Ok, I'll be right back."  I just about fell over when he walked out to his 4-Runner and came back with Valentines for the girls...that he purchased all by himself!!!  Sweetest. Thing. Ever.














Granny Martha gave us all the best Valentines gift...she COOKED!  And it was wonderful...better than wonderful...my mouth is watering at this very minute just thinking about it!  And Aunt Katie watched the girls for a few hours so Momma, Daddy, Amma and Granddad could go see a movie!  I love how we spent our Valentines weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment