Monday, April 11, 2016

Christmas morning in Kentucky

It’s April 11th, going on four months since Christmas morning in Kentucky, but I’m behind with the blog…behind in everything with life really, but definitely the blog.  The good news about being behind is that our family pictures from Christmas morning look great.  I see memories that I will cherish forever…Charley making biscuits from scratch with her Granddad…breakfast with all four of my grand parents and four of the girls’ great-grandparents…pure joy when Charley opened her presents…excitement in Carter’s eyes as she made a huge mess…color coordinated outfits for family pictures…watching Granny and Granddad open their gifts from everyone and each other.  I very vividly remember not feeling that way right after Christmas.  In fact, it took a little prodding to even get me to post Christmas pictures on facebook.  I felt like I was being “fake” by portraying a picture-perfect Christmas, when it wasn’t as “merry as it actually looked!” 


Perspective can be so rewarding.  Today, I don’t look at these pictures and feel like we “failed” Christmas 2015.  I see a whole new set of blessings that I glanced over in the midst of my exhaustion and slight disappointment post Christmas Day.  





















(DISCLAIMER: I will still use my how-to-do-Christmas-better-next-year notes when December rolls around…just because I am ok with the turn out, doesn’t mean there isn’t room for improvement!)

No comments:

Post a Comment