Thursday, May 30, 2013

The Strawberry Patch

I have often said, “there is nothing better than eating a strawberry straight from the vine.”  This happens to still be the way I feel, except for now maybe the only thing better is watching your child eat a strawberry straight from the vine.  For the last few years Granddaddy Charlie’s strawberry vines haven’t really turned out, so when I heard about this precious little place called Bottom View Farms, I couldn’t wait to try it.  Charley and I had the best afternoon there a few weeks ago.  We played, talked to cows, chickens, donkeys, goats and a puppy, split some ice cream, and went down a huge slide several times before heading over to the strawberry patch.  We got our basket from the local farmer and headed down the rows to find the perfect strawberries to fill it.  As much as I wanted to slip some in my mouth, I tried to be a good example and didn’t eat any at first.  Miss Priss got the idea on her own that they looked too yummy to pick and not eat.  Once she asked for one, it was over.  She kept saying, “I need some more in my mouth!”  She was covered in strawberry juice and couldn’t have been sweeter.  This definitely goes in the books as one of my favorite outings together....and her little “strawberry fields” Matilda Jane top couldn’t have been more fitting and fashionable for the occasion.














No comments:

Post a Comment