Thursday, May 30, 2013

Road Trip to Memphis

During the first weekend of April, Charley and I picked up Ray Ray and Harper on Friday afternoon and headed to Memphis for the weekend.  I had finally signed up for my zumba certification class, and since it was in Memphis, it seemed like the perfect time to make a little road trip to the Sisco house.  We had such a great time being with Ray Ray’s family and to say we were spoiled was an understatement.  We had very yummy, home-cooked dinners both nights and even got to eat at my favorite mexican place in Memphis, On the Border, before we came home Sunday.  Charley warmed up very quickly to Mimi, Kay Kay and Nannie, but GranVan was a different story.  He tried sooo hard to get her to interact with him, but she didn’t out of spite.  On Saturday night when I was rocking her to sleep, we were singing her “song” and she had me sing Momma, Dadda.....long pause, then GrandVan.  haha, she is such a little stinker.  Maybe next time she will play with him a little more!  She was all about Nannie, though.  For a few weeks after our road trip, she would mention Nannie or talk about her like she just saw her.  I didn’t get to spend any time with them on Saturday, but was thankful for the few pictures Ray Ray text while I was at the zumba class...from 7:30 until 5:30!  






From the looks of things, they seemed to have had a great day....and I can mark something off my 30 Before 30 list...now to actually teach one class is a different story!


No comments:

Post a Comment