Thursday, May 30, 2013

Mother’s Day Weekend


After spending last year’s Mother’s Day at home, Amma and I decided we wouldn’t do that again this year and that we needed to figure out a plan to get us all together.  I used a play from Amma’s book and got every one geared up for a yard work day at our house….needless to say, I must not be as smooth as Amma, because plans changed and we ended up in Kentucky for the weekend.  We celebrated Mother’s Day, Granny Martha and Charlie’s 63rd wedding anniversary and Lynsey’s Master’s graduation on Saturday night at Catfish Kitchen.  On Sunday we went to church with Granny Martha but left early to surprise Granny Katherine at Olive Baptist for their service.  We packed three rows, and she was definitely pleased and surprised.  I got some of the sweetest Mother’s Day cards and a super cute Free People top that I happened to pick out myself!  As always, we enjoyed our family time, but I am still going to push for that workday soon!!! 






Please note that it is freezing for the month of May!  I have never been more ready to shed the sweaters and jackets...Even though Miss Priss looks so darn cute in her little white sweater from Amma.




No comments:

Post a Comment