Thursday, May 30, 2013

Charley’s 1st Haircut


For the last two years, the first haircut is something I have looked forward to and dreaded at the same time.  On one hand I thought it would be so fun to have a pampering day for Miss Priss, but on the other hand I knew she would probably go ballistic. And lets face it, I couldn’t imagine cutting off those dark ends that reminded me of her dark hair as a baby.  Regardless of my hesitations, I decided that after her birthday, it was probably time to make an appointment.  She acted just as I suspected for the haircut….terrible!  In hindsight, maybe we could have played beauty shop and draped a towel around her so she would’ve known what to expect…maybe????   She finally calmed down when the lady was finishing up.  She braided Charley’s hair, gave her some sparkles on her face and hands, and finished by placing a cute crown on her head.  Much to my surprise, she let the lady paint her toes without any issues.  She sat and watched and seemed so big during the “pedi” part of our day.  She ended up with pink toenails with a blue and yellow flower on each of her big toes.  She was so proud and couldn’t stop looking at them, showing everyone and telling every one she saw or met about her pink toes with blue flowers!  Maybe next time won’t be so traumatic…but for now, she still has a hint of dark ends, and I have some of her precious locks in her jewelry box.

Last picture of Charley's hair before it was trimmed. 
Oh the anticipation.... 







Charley’s dark hair on the day she was born...hands down the cutest little thing...ever!


No comments:

Post a Comment