Monday, January 11, 2021

Carter's 6th Birthday Sleepover

Carter has begged for a sleepover for months, so when I saw an advertisement for Lily Jack's Tee Pees on Facebook, I knew it would be the perfect solution to hosting a 6th birthday party right after having a baby. In my mind, a party like this took away all the typical prep, planning, crafting, cleaning and cooking that is required (by my standards) to host all of our family and friends for a party.  What I didn't think about was how wild 6 year old girls can be on their first slumber party or how tired we would be with a 2 week old baby.  Craig literally told me to go pack my bags, because he had scheduled a noon pick up the following day for me to be admitted to the looney bin!  haha!  All craziness aside, the party was a HIT for our birthday girl.  Carter picked a unicorn  theme, and it was simply magical!  At the last minute I did add a few special touches to the kitchen area, but Lily Jacks did the rest.  Carter allowed Charley to invite one friend of her choosing, and she picked Emmy.  Charley and Emmy were such big helpers with the younger girls.  In line with Carter's laid back style, everything she picked for the party was so easy.  The girls enjoyed Chick-fil-A nuggets, fruit, chips, popcorn, candy and donuts.  They played, ate, watched Hocus Pocus and slept in their matching, unicorn jammies in the cutest, sleepover tents ever!  According to the birthday girl, it was a perfect way to celebrate being 6!  














































No comments:

Post a Comment