Tuesday, November 19, 2019

The "L" Word

I can't believe I am writing about this, but for the sake of keeping it real, here goes.  The day after we got home from our Hawaii trip, Carter complained about her head itching.  I assumed her ponytail was too tight.  She mentioned it again on the next day, so I did a quick look to see if she had been bitten by a mosquito.  Nope...all seemed clear to me, so I took down her "too tight" ponytail.  By Monday morning, she was in tears about her "itchy head," so I looked a little closer.  Imagine my surprise when I saw something move, and I immediately realized she had lice.  (OMG, I can't even write about it without itching all over.) I won't go into the play by play of how the rest of my day went, but after giving a solid effort to taking care of it myself, I threw in the towel and made an appointment with The Lice Place in Franklin.  

I had to get Charley early from school so she could be checked too.  I told her under no circumstance would it be ok to say the word "lice" in front of Carter.  When we got out of the car, we were welcomed by a huge sign that said The Lice Place and Charley smirked, "well, it's a good thing Carter can't read!"  That was probably the only funny thing about the whole experience.  Thankfully, I was checked first, and they found no signs of activity.  Charley had a very mild case, and poor Carter had it the worst.  

Two hours and $300 later, we left the "nice place that fixes itchy heads" and know just about everything there is to know about the L-word. 








No comments:

Post a Comment