Thursday, February 15, 2018

Baking with Charley

In December, I had to have a little chat with Craig.  He is such a great daddy and husband, and he almost always does whatever we ask of him.  On this particular afternoon, I didn't want to ask...I wanted him to notice on his own.  The more I thought about it, the more I was embarrassed to even ask, but I felt like I needed to communicate something to him.  It wasn't fair to be upset with an unmet expectation that Craig didn't even know about.  Sure, in a perfect world, I would love if he could read my mind, but that isn't reality.  Charley and I were having the best moment in the kitchen baking together in our matching aprons.  He had walked by and through the kitchen multiple times, and it never occurred to him to snap our picture.  As the Momma, I don't miss a chance to photograph the girls, but that shouldn't mean that I'm always left out of picture.  So instead of fuming over it, I put down my spatula, walked into the living room, and asked if he would come take our picture.  Asking was embarrassing to me, but I wanted to remember our special moment.  He's a fast learner, so I think he got the message.  After seeing the pictures, I am really glad I asked.  


No comments:

Post a Comment