Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Princess for a Day...Everyday!

Not a day goes by without Miss Priss begging to wear a princess dress.  She will put one on and say, “when this gets dirty, I wear another one!”  A dress by itself usually doesn’t cut it, so she needs the whole get up including the dress, matching crown, he-haws (high heels), jewels, hairdo, and lipstick.  Last week Princess Cinderella accompanied me to Kroger.  My typically shy-upon-meeting-strangers child was nowhere to be found.  Princess Cinderella waived down, spoke to, twirled, posed for pictures (taken by the strangers) and chatted with EVERY single person in Kroger...for TWO hours!  It was hilarious!  Her conversations all went pretty much like this, “Hi, I am Princess.  My other name is Charley.  This is my Fairy Godmother.  Her other name is Mommy.  I am 2 1/2 right now, but on March 9th, I will be 3.  I am having a Princess Birthday Party.  I love all the princesses and all the castles!  Have a nice day!”  The smile only left her face when she grabbed the Hostess cupcakes with a death grip, and said, “I eat these with my Granddad!”  And then dumped them in our cart!  Oh yeah...she wore her he-haws, and they just so happened to be glass slippers that lit up...not only could you see her from a mile away, you could hear her coming!!!!





Being introduced as her Fairy Godmother pretty much made my day!  I love these moments even if its just a trip to Kroger with my Princess. 

No comments:

Post a Comment