Tuesday, July 18, 2023

Last Day of 6th Grade for Charley

Charley maintains the fullest calendar in our house, and somehow managed to get all A's for her 6th grade year.  We are so proud of her and very thankful that school isn't a struggle.  Middle school style, on the other hand, has been a struggle for her momma.  I try to pick my battles, but I also want to teach her that not all trends are the perfect fit for everyone and to take pride in being different...like it's ok to fight the middle part craze!  haha!  Considering that I only sent her back upstairs one time to change before leaving for school (because she looked like she rolled out of bed), I think our year was successful.  Middle school introduced lots of changes with new responsibilities, a shift within her friend group, more school work, and new friends...all mixed together with hormones and cell phones.  Despite some growing pains and a few tears, I think she learned some valuable life lessons in 6th grade...and we only had to take her phone away a few times! 







No comments:

Post a Comment