Saturday, May 11, 2019

Splish Splash...Charley's 8th Birthday Party Bash




The 8th Birthday Party Swim Bash ended up being so much fun for Charley and her friends.  It wasn't my typical over-the-top house party, because I really needed easy after the craziness of the months leading up to her birthday.  Even though the party was lower maintenance, the planning still gave me a bit of a headache.  haha.  She wanted a swim party, but finding an indoor pool around Mt Juliet was impossible...I found one in Lebanon.  They only offered private parties on Saturday night from 7:30-9:30 (which was too late) or Sunday night from 5:30-7:30 (which was perfect)...but they were only available on the first Sunday night of Spring Break.  I debated on what to do, but decided to go ahead and have the party on the available date and hoped that everyone on her guest list didn't have Spring Break plans.  After hearing "no" replies from 13 friends right off the bat, I had serious second thoughts about the date.  Thankfully, Charley insisted that we keep our original plan regardless of how many "no's" we got.  We eventually heard back from more friends and over 25 kids were at the party...it was the perfect turnout!  















Full disclosure...I wasn't sure how I would be able to make the party room "cute" in the allotted 30 minutes before the party time.  It was hard enough to only serve pizza, cupcakes, Capri Suns and bottled water.  In the back of my mind, all I could think about was Claire's response when Chesley told her I was considering Jimmy Floyd as a possible location..."I don't think it's up to Miss Jessica's standards!"  hahaha.  Thankfully a full day with Kari, a few cute signs, table cloths, a treasure chest and a balloon mermaid tail transformed the room and made for a perfect party location!  I couldn't be more pleased...and Craig didn't have to clean our house before and after a party!  






































The girls were adorable and had so much fun playing and swimming with the seashell and mermaid tail floats!  They apparently worked up quite the appetite, because they chowed down on the pizza.  They literally ate all of it...I couldn't even feed the adults, and I thought I had more than enough for everyone.  Lesson learned when it was time to have cupcakes.  I left some in the kitchen and made sure to announce "1 cupcake per guest!"  






































My favorite part of Charley's 8th birthday was that she requested "8" can goods in lieu of gifts.  26 precious friends brought a total of 208 can goods for the church pantry.  Counting them was her first priority when we got home from the party, and we couldn't be more proud of our sweet girl and her giving heart!





No comments:

Post a Comment