Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Charley's Weekend in Texas

I had a weekend work conference in Texas, so I let Charley skip one day of school and I took her and Craig along with me.  They had the very best day together on Saturday exploring Texas.  They went indoor skydiving, saw a movie in a theatre with recliners, played two rounds of putt-putt golf, got dressed up for a dinner date and had ice cream for dessert.  On Sunday we all got to enjoy Texas by having the most delicious breakfast and shopping at American Girl.

I think Charley's favorite part about the whole trip was the Executive Lounge at the Hilton, and she wanted to eat there for every meal!  It was so funny to watch her excitement!  She was a little ticked that the hotel didn't have a pool, but it was full of historical significance, which was pretty cool.  It was the last place President Kennedy stayed and gave a speech before his motorcade drove from Fort Worth to Dallas where he was shot and killed.  I know she didn't care about that at the time, but she might find it neat later...maybe!  And my work conference went great...so all in all, we had a super fun weekend together, besides missing Carter!








No comments:

Post a Comment