Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Charley’s Last Day of Preschool and Program

I am currently in a phase where I am not really doing a good job at anything, and I am actually doing good if I get the job done.  Not living up to your own standards can be disappointing.  I’m not sure if its still the adjustment to two kids, having way too much on my plate or traveling so much with work, but I plan to make some changes this summer…hopefully!?!?

With all of that being said, it shouldn’t be surprising that I missed Charley’s last day of school.  Pretty sad…but I did!  Luckily, they had a few make up days thrown in the mix, so I grabbed the camera, stuck her in a cute outfit, scribbled “Last Day” on the chalk board and snapped some pictures.  So our “last day” was unofficial…but I captured the moment, at least.









Charley’s Preschool Program had a farmer theme.  For the weeks leading up to the program, I was only privileged to hear little clips of her songs.  It wasn’t until a few days before that she started singing, performing and practicing all the time.  She even gave a small concert on Mother’s Day, allowing everyone to watch and listen, except for Daddy…he had to cover his ears and close his eyes.  I bought overalls to go with her cowgirl boots and a red bandana.  When we were getting ready, she tried them on and said, “you can take these back to the store, because they are just not cute!  Oh, and I know farmers don’t wear lipstick, but this farmer does!”  So my little Fashionesta Farmer wore her cut-off, blue jean shorts with her Mac lipstick in her pocket!




After mastering the wardrobe, we still weren’t sure if she would actually do the performance!  Last years episode of, “I wanted to sing, but my mouth just didn’t work” has sort of turned into a theme for how Charley feels about public performances.  So, we went into the church building with high hopes, low expectations and a long list of bribes.  Fortunately we were able to “keep the cat locked up” per Charley’s request.  We sure wouldn’t have wanted that old cat to get her tongue and waste all of her practice and hard work!  She did a great job!  We couldn’t have been more proud of her…and she looked super cute, too!!!  If only I had better pictures of the performance, but the memory card disappeared from the camera…I can't imagine how that happened! 








No comments:

Post a Comment