Friday, March 20, 2015

Cinderella with Uncle Justin



For months and months Charley has talked about seeing the real Cinderella movie with Uncle Justin.  For her birthday, Amma and Granddad got her a new Cinderella dress, hee-haws, and jewelry so she could look the part for the movie.  She basically refused to wear the dress up until a few hours before the movie.  I told her we needed to compromise.  After explaining how a compromise worked, I said you can wear the dress to the movie, get a picture with Justin, then take it off.  I’m certain that would have worked with any other kid...not Charley.  She had to add to the negotiation.  She said, “I’ve got a better idea.  I’ll wear the dress, and take it off for the movie, but I am going to wear play clothes under it!”  (Note: this Momma allows play clothes for play not for going places.)  Deal!  We shook on it, and everyone was happy...especially since Amma kept ignoring her when she asked to take off the dress and that old, ratty Rapunzel shirt didn’t make an appearance!









No comments:

Post a Comment