Monday, November 25, 2013

Gentry Farms - Guest Blog by Daddy



I’m pretty excited to make my first ever guest appearance in Charley’s blog. Jess has done such an amazing job keeping up with Charley’s blog over the past two-and-a-half years and I am so thankful and blessed that she has been so on top of these blogs.

Every couple months or so, I have the opportunity to take a day off of work and hang out with Charley. It’s our “daddy/Charley day” and it’s so much fun for me to get to spend the time that I usually spend at work playing with Charley. This particular “daddy/Charley day” was by far my favorite yet.

We typically all go to Gentry’s Farm every year, but we hadn’t had the chance to go this year and Jess gave me the green light to take Charley under one condition, I get a picture of Charley with the classic truck. After a crazy morning trying to get us both ready (which I have to admit, Jess does a much better job than I do), we headed to Gentry’s Farm.

Once we got to Gentry’s Farm we headed straight to the classic truck to get a picture. We got both sides of the truck, but my favorite picture ended up being the last one I took with my phone. We immediately went to the animals. We saw chickens, turkeys, and sheep. We went through the little kids maze (about 3 times), took pictures at the “how tall this fall”, and went down slides over and over. Then we headed straight to the hayride. Of course, Charley had to pee before getting on the hayride and we did our first ever pee in a porta-potty. I was disgusted, but Charley did great. She was a little weary of the hayride at first, but after we got going and counted all the cows she loosened up big time and ended up having a blast.

The last thing to do on our way out was grab some pumpkins. We got two pumpkins and headed to Chuy’s. We had a delicious meal and since Charley ate all her beans we stopped by Sweet CeCe’s for a little treat before heading home.

After all the fun we had that day, Charley hit the couch and took an almost two hour nap. We jam packed a ton of fun into one day and I can’t wait for the next “daddy/Charley day”.







No comments:

Post a Comment