Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Family Vaca: Treasure Island

For a full week Charley was the center of attention!  So besides being in a different state, our week was very normal!  We had such a great time in Treasure Island.  Charley spent a couple of days playing in the sand with her Daddy and Granddaddy.  They dug big holes together, made sand castles that she tore down before they were finished and splashed around in the ocean.  For the most part our week was pretty low key (other than Disney.)  Craig and Uncle Justin took golf clubs and allowed Granddad to tag along for a round of golf....which I am sure was very interesting!  Amma and I took workout clothes that didn’t leave the suitcase, but Lynsey was super dedicated and got in a little six mile run one morning.  Amma and I were successful at reading a couple of great books and shopping.  It was so nice to not have an agenda every day, and we were seconds away from a Shake Shack that we visited like three times!





















Charley also enjoyed the pool and made some new friends.  She held one little girl’s hand and jumped in off the side over and over and over.  By the last day she got a little too comfortable.  We had just walked down to the pool, and Amma and I passed the steps to put our stuff on the first available chair.  I dropped the bag I was carrying and when I bent down to pick it up, I noticed Charley wasn’t behind me....she was in the water, face up, floating just like she learned in swimming lessons.  I jumped in and picked her up and made a huge deal about how good she did and how proud I was of her!  She freaked out...and didn’t leave the steps.  (As soon as we got home I signed her up for winter maintenance swimming lessons.  I am beyond convinced that it is well worth the time and money!)

  
On another note, it would be so perfect to end the vacation blog with some of those adorable pictures that families take on the beach at sunset....we took the pictures....not so adorable....not sunset....flash was so bright....eyes were squinty....picture taker couldn’t see....a few are decent....Miss Priss is always cute....maybe next time!
  








No comments:

Post a Comment