Monday, September 30, 2013

Potty Training

I must give all the credit on this major milestone to Amma.  In June I went out of town for work, and she decided to tackle potty training.  For about six months Charley had used the potty occasionally, but it was only when she wanted to...which wasn’t very often.  Amma bought a pack of Pull-Up’s and decided to give it a try.  Charley did great!  She had one accident in three days...and I am pretty sure she was with Granddad when that happened.  When she got back home she did good for a few days, but quickly realized she could pee in the Pull-Up’s.  We switched to big girl panties all day except for nap time and bedtime, and we haven’t looked back.  In true Charley fashion, she likes to decide which panties she gets to wear for the day.  Usually we have to lay the options on the ground, and she lays down on her belly and says, “Hmmm...let me think....I don’t want these....or these....or these!”  Then finally once she has narrowed them down, she picks the lucky winner for the day!  We rotate between Minnie, Daisy, Cinderella or other princesses.





TOP 5 THINGS I DIDN’T EXPECT ABOUT POTTY TRAINING

1. I never thought I would drive around with a potty and toilet paper in the back of my car!  (Another idea contributed to Amma!)

2.  Girls can spray over the toilet and make messes just as easily as boys!

3. Why Charley feels the need to completely strip down to nothing on her bottom half when she goes to potty by herself...then runs around a while before allowing someone to put her panties back on!  

4. Charley commands us to “go....leave me alone” when she has to poop.  How in the world did she learn about privacy and modesty in the bathroom?!?

5. She often asks to “pee in the grass,”  which is fine for KY, but I thought her Daddy was gonna have a come apart when she asked one day when we were on our driveway.  



INTERVIEW WITH CHARLEY (JUST NOW)

Me: Charley, how do you like using the potty and wearing big girl panties?

Charley: (in song) Peeing in the potty issssss so much funnnn!!!!  It’s sooooo much funnnnnn!!!!  IT’S....SO....MUCH...FUNNNN!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment