Sunday, September 1, 2013

Mount Juliet Church of Christ Preschool



Before Charley’s first birthday, it became quite clear that we would all benefit from her being in some type of Mother’s Day Out program or Preschool.  I called Mount Juliet Church of Christ to put her on a waiting list, because I had heard great things about their program and it was so close to home.  Needless to say, I was beyond thrilled when I got the call (a year plus after I initially put her on the list) that they had a spot for her this fall.  In preparation for her first big day we took her for a school tour, spent an hour at her teacher’s open house, got her adorable, PB Kids backpack and lunch box monogrammed, and labeled all of her school supplies.  I flew home the night before preschool from Denver in time to make sure everything was ready for her first day.  Not knowing what to expect, Charley woke up excited to start preschool.  We even had time for a photo shoot before Daddy, Amma and I took her to her very first day.  Much to our surprise, she was so excited and did great!  She went right in to her seat and didn’t shed one tear!  Things have continued to go extremely well.  On the second week of school she said, “All of those boys in my class cried…the girls did, too.”  I asked her if she cried, and she said, “No, I’m a big girl!”  At this very second I am praying for time to slow down, because she is getting to be such a big girl!  








No comments:

Post a Comment