Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Christmas Eve

We celebrated Christmas Eve the same way I have my entire life, starting with a brunch at Granny Martha and Granddaddy Charlie’s house then dinner at Granny Katherine and Papa’s house.  The only difference that I have noticed the older I get is the amount of work that actually goes into making the day run smoothly for the ladies.  Holy cow...its a job!  Men in general, and especially in our family, simply have it made during the holidays (with the exception of Granddaddy Charlie...that man is a trooper!!)  Granny Martha wasn’t feeling well, so I got up early to help Granddad get everything ready, because Mom had to stay home and cook all of the stuff she made.  Nevertheless, everything was finished and ready by the time everyone showed up...Granny even started to feel a little better after Granddad and I made a quick trip to get her some extra strong headache medicine!

Christmas Eve Brunch








My Super-Star Best Buddy wasn’t happy with me since I accidentally stepped on his finger :(






Christmas Eve Dinner


Papa wasn’t too happy either with “sandwiches” for dinner...however, we have been doing finger foods for the last several year, but this year he got mad!  Apparently a kitchen full of food wasn’t enough for him!






Overall, we had an amazing day with all of our extended family.  Charley got to spend quality time with her aunts, uncles and cousins and it was definitely a Christmas Eve that was very merry!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment