Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Super Special Egg Hunt

Craig and I had been keeping a big secret for most of 2020, and he really wanted the girls to know before we shared the news with anyone else.  We thought an Easter egg hunt would be fun for them and a neat way to reveal our surprise.  I really tried to emphasize their birth order, so they each had eggs labeled with a "1" or "2" that they had to find.  When they finished, we sat them down on the front porch to read their golden eggs.  

Charley's said, "Number 1 and number 2 - forever you will be, we are so excited to tell you, we are expecting  Number 3!"  And if that wasn't enough of a surprise, Carter's egg said, "GIRL!"  I honestly wasn't sure how they would handle the news.  Carter had made it very clear that she wanted a brother...I mean, that was her one wish for Santa last year...but Craig and I were blown away at how excited they were.  Charley was a little ripped up that we managed to keep a secret for 12 weeks, but once she wrapped her head around that, she cried.  She said, "these are happy tears!"  

Craig and I really hadn't been able to talk much about the baby, thanks to never being alone during the quarantine, but we had tossed a few names around over the last few months.  On one of our dog walks, I shared with him one of my favorite names, and he told me that recently Charley had randomly said that particular name would be so cool if we ever had another baby...so it was decided right then, baby sister would be named Camryn.  We really felt like she needed a family middle name, since both of the girls have special ones.  I've always been so close with Granny Martha (and her middle name is one syllable like the girls), so we thought it would be perfect...Camryn Jean.  I guess Carter hadn't heard us talking about baby sister's full name, because one afternoon I was playing with the girls and Charley said, "Charley Ann...Carter Lynn...Camryn Jean."  Carter said, "Camryn Jean...yuck...that is a terrible name...let's just stick with Robinson!"  hahahaha

Maybe she will warm up to it over the next few months...maybe not...but either way, we are all so excited to meet Camryn Jean in the middle of October!













No comments:

Post a Comment