Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Father's Day

There aren't enough words to adequately describe how blessed my girls are by the men in their lives.  They are surrounded by selfless love from their Daddy, and I love watching how amazing he is with them.  On Father's Day we managed a quick lunch at home after church before Charley and Craig spent the afternoon seeing a movie and going to the pool.  Carter and I snuck off to Kentucky to surprise Granddad Mike at dinner.


Facebook Post About Grandaddy Charlie: 

To finish off Father's Day weekend, I had a 7 a.m. date with Grandaddy Charlie to pick two of the longest rows of green beans. We chatted, we laughed, we sat working in silence, but as he got on down his row (he picked circles around me), I sat on my bucket and cried while I watched him picking for a bit. Gardening is his very favorite thing, and he has aggressive prostate cancer. He will start treatment in a few weeks, and there is so much unknown around what he will feel like doing.

Most of my friends have always been surprised to hear that Granddad has never really been a regular church-goer. Besides attending twice a year to where his parents attended, he rarely went with us or Granny Martha. Until a few years ago, and he started attending regular services and even hosts Bible study. When he told me about the diagnosis, he made the comment that "someone is definitely looking out for me." I have never heard him saying anything like that. What an answered prayer to see his faith emerge.

Grandaddy Charlie couldn't be more right...someone is looking out for him, but that same someone loves our prayers. I know my family and Granddad would really appreciate them.

No comments:

Post a Comment