Sunday, August 16, 2015

Last First Day of Preschool for Miss Priss

As excited as I am to watch Charley grow and learn her way through the world, it's a little heart breaking to see her grow so quickly.  As she enters her last year of preschool, I can't help but think about her starting kindergarten next year.  I always thought "those" Moms were so silly to cry...yet again, I will be eating my words, I'm sure of it.  When Charley's teacher, Ms. Melissa called, I was so excited to hear that she is in the same class as her sweet, friend Olivia, and her and Sawyer are together for the third year in a row.  For the first day of school, she selected her outfit right off my Matilda Jane rack, accessorized with jewelry, paired with boots and ruffle socks and MULTIPLE COATS OF RED LIPSTICK!!!!  Every time I wiped a little off, she applied more "coats!"  I finally went with it for the sake of taking a little girl to drop off and instead of a tiny clown!


Drop off went pretty well...the only mini meltdown was over not sitting right beside Olivia.  Once we got over that, showed her where her cubby was and took pictures with Sawyer, I left and she had a big smile on her face.  In my typical down-to-the-wire-last-possible-minute way, I pulled into the parking lot on two wheels at 1:20...only FIVE minutes after the pick up line started....and was the last parent to pick up my kid.  ALL of the teachers were waiting outside, so Ms. Melissa walked Charley to the car.  She told me that she had a great first day, but Charley had told Ms. Tammy that Ms. Melissa was mean.  I laughed because I know how dramatic my little diva can be and said, "oh gosh, I am so sorry...she is such a kidder and I know she was joking."  Charley immediately and seriously responds, "I was NOT joking, she is mean!!!"  I laughed a little more, but Charley stood her ground on how she felt about her first day with her teacher.  I really hope and pray she was kidding, because Ms. Melissa was such a sweetheart!  Guess we shall see how next week goes!  










No comments:

Post a Comment