Monday, January 6, 2014

Christmas with Amma and Granddad

What a difference one year makes!  Charley is a present...opening...machine!  We had the best time opening presents this year with Amma and Granddad.  Charley helped everyone and was such a little cutie.  I think we had one of our best Christmas celebrations yet.  Craig is always bummed when Amma and Granddad's Christmas is over, because he says its his favorite part...and I have to agree!


Amma’s stocking are AMAZING!!!!  She always out does herself, and this year was no exception.  She had to use extra gift bags for each of us, and she decided she needs to get bigger stockings for next year.  I don’t think there is anyway I can remember everything that we all got, but Charley’s stocking had puzzles, stickers, lip gloss, big girl panties, a night light, Princess Pez candy and necklaces.  




Uncle Justin’s stocking was full of his favorite things...but my favorite thing he got was the return of the Stormy Kromer hat.  When Amma and I saw it in the store, it was a must-have.  The winter when Craig and I got married was when Justin got his first Stormy Kromer.  He LOVED that silly looking hat, so much so that it was worn at our rehearsal dinner...notice the picture below! 



December 2007...Craig, Jess and Justin’s Stormy Kromer
Charley helped her Daddy open his stocking...she giggled the whole time.  Before he opened it she got so tickled telling him what was inside...notice “look it’s a new coffee cup!”  



Uncle Justin did most of his own shopping this year, and Amma loved her new perfume and Charley really loved her princess drawing/coloring book that he picked out!  And you could say that I was pretty pleased by my bubble umbrella!  






Don’t get me wrong, I loved to rip into a present, but my hands-down favorite thing is to buy a gift for someone.  I think I get this from Amma, because she is and always has been so good at it, but there is just something special in being thoughtful and buying the perfect present for someone.  Uncle Justin was surprised with his “adult” present of a Keurig, and Amma was thrilled with her Tory Burch wallet. Granddad Mike was also super excited about his new creeper...aka garage tool that helps you work underneath your car...aka stage for Minnie Mouse toy!







Some of my favorite highlights include Charley getting excited about Mommy’s bra, Amma smooching Granddad for her new coat, Craig’s excitement level for all of his gifts, and Charley getting her very first Bitty Baby Doll...meet Little Baby Charley.









We finished our night with some family photos, pizza and a puzzle...quality family time at its finest!






(Disclaimer for Charley: Mommy is trying something “out-there” with looks for my “30 before 30"...hence the experiment with red lipstick.  It’s a staple for the 2013 Christmas season...don’t worry, I won’t and don’t wear it every day!)

No comments:

Post a Comment