Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Happy Birthday to Gramma and Momma!



Over the last few years, Gramma and I have made it our little tradition to go to Patti’s to celebrate our birthdays since they are five days apart.  This year I was able to enjoy my entire meal tear-free!  I am not sure if I mentioned it last year, but Charley was her usual loud, adorable self, and the couple next to us keep getting angry, which got me upset and made me think I would never be able to go out to dinner again!  I realize now how I could have just been a tad hormonal and slightly dramatic!  This year Dad, Justin, Granny Martha, Granddaddy Charlie and Miss Priss came along to celebrate with us!  Needless to say, with that crowd we had a great, but eventful evening!  Charley is going through a “phase” (hopefully) where she just will not sit in her high chair, so she tends to go back in forth to whoever she wants during a meal…which pretty much drives Craig and I crazy, because we are determined to teach her discipline…like sitting in your own chair at a meal!  We have some work to do in that department!  In addition to Charley not sitting still, Dad worked off midnights that morning…which speaks for itself!  Uncle Justin decided to take her outside to play so we could enjoy our Boatsinker pie.  It wasn’t long after he left that he called saying, “We have a situation!”  I went outside to find that Charley had peed through her diaper and they were both soaked!  Hahaha!  After borrowing Uncle Justin’s phone to snap a quick pic, I got her cleaned up with a dry diaper and no pants.  Uncle Justin was in luck since Gramma and Granny Martha had brought him his clean laundry!


On my actual birthday, I had a Matilda Jane party, so Gramma came to help out and babysit so Craig and I could go on a birthday date!  The next day we went back to Kentucky for something I had been looking forward to since the day I found out I was having a baby girl.  We had four-generation pictures at Gwen’s, and I am so excited to see them. 

Until then, here are some of the highlights from our Patti’s outing!












No comments:

Post a Comment