Saturday, July 21, 2012

Swimming Lessons

A few months ago, I was pushing Charley up at the swings.  Other parents were talking around us and when the topic of swimming lessons came up, my ears perked!  I overheard one dad saying he was taking his little girl to Brendan Sweetman Swimmers, and when the other lady replied, “oh, that’s the good one,” I couldn’t get home fast enough to Google it!  After calling and asking a hundred different questions, I signed Miss Priss up for lessons.  The lessons were from 3-4, Monday through Friday during the second week of July.  Gramma was able to go with me the first three days, and Daddy went with me on the last day!  Even though the teaching method was quite different than how I learned at the Red Cross, I am a firm believer in the process and will be signing Charley up for two weeks next summer!  They basically combine survival techniques with learning how to swim.  By the last day, they threw Charley into the water and she managed to turn over to her back and float...five times!  All the instructors and other mommies cheered along with us...since we were outside of the gate, Miss Priss could hear them better!!!










3 Fun Facts about swimming lessons:
1.  I was so excited for Charley to be able to wear all of her swimsuits, or so I thought, because on the last day I noticed she had 6 instead of 5!!!
2. Charley crossed her ankles every time she floated on her back...just like a little priss!
3. I have no clue how the instructors got her to sit on the side of the pool with the other kids and when she had to wait her turn...they must have secret powers!

No comments:

Post a Comment