Monday, July 11, 2011

Happy 4th of July

One of our biggest family traditions is Granddaddy Charlie's 4th of July fish fry!  I think I have been every year since I was born, with the exception of maybe one or two summers when I worked at Belew's!  It is such a great time when lots of extended family and friends get together for yummy food, tons of dessert, photo ops and lots of catching up on each other's lives!  This year seemed extra special with over 35 people , and it was Charley's first 4th of July!

1st and 4th Generations of Ann's...Ann and Charley Ann!
4 Generations of Ann's...Aunt Ann, Karen Ann, Jessica Ann and Charley Ann
Emily and Charley (Laney was asleep, which is how we finally got a picture!)
Momma and Charley
Emily and Jess
Huggin' on my Granny Katherine
Laney saying, "Cheese!" (in her second outfit of the day...adorable back-up!)
Daddy and Charley (LOVE this picture!)
The Girls!  Natalie, Karen, Jess and Emily
Great Grandkids...one of about 50 shots!
Yates Family
Robinson Family
Somebody was had too much fun!!!


I can't believe I didn't get a picture of Granddaddy Charlie or Granny Martha...luckily, I think its only appropriate to mention July 4, 2010!

After everyone went home last year, we told Granny Martha and Granddaddy Charlie that next year we would have a new baby at the picnic...their reaction wasn't quite what I expected.  Well, Granddad-super excited, but Granny Martha (and I'm quoting word for word, "well great, what about your new job!") took a little while to warm up to the idea!  I guess she thought I couldn't work and be a Momma???  Who knows!  Now, she is probably one of the proudest Great-Grandmothers I have ever seen!  (And, of course, Granddaddy Charlie is too...one of the proudest Great-Granddads!)

Granny Martha-July 4, 2010 (after she got excited!)

Granddaddy Charlie-July 4, 2010 (already excited!)

No comments:

Post a Comment